This article will cover the basics of using your Loyalsnap Inbox. Texting is such an important marketing tool and we believe in keeping it simple!
The Inbox Tab
The Inbox gives you quick and easy access to text conversations with your clients. It is found on the navigation bar on the left side of your portal.
You’ll be able to view text conversations, as well as create a new text message, right from the Inbox!
To send a new message from your Portal Inbox, follow the simple steps outlined below:
Navigate to the Inbox tab in your Portal
Select New Text Message
3. Click in the Search clients search bar and locate the client you’d like to text.
4. After selecting the client that you would like to message, you will see their Client Details to the left of the screen, and you can begin your message in the text field in the center of the screen.
5. As you begin typing your message, you will see the Estimated # of segments meter under the text message box.
7. When you are satisfied with the message you have prepared, simply click Send Message to send the text to your client!
Text messaging in Loyalsnap is metered, meaning that there is a charge for each segment that is sent or received. One segment is equal to 160 characters, but we take the guesswork out of it by providing you with this helpful counter! For more in depth information regarding SMS pricing in detail, please see our help article, SMS Pricing Information.
Customizing your Text messages:
6. To further customize your text messages, you have the ability to add merge fields to the text that will populate with preselected information such as the client's name, studio, and more!
You can make your message even more personal, and add a dash of fun, by adding emojis if you choose! As one emoji will utilize 70 characters, or approximately one half of a segment, be mindful when adding them to your messaging, as overuse can quickly increase your segment count for the text. Try to limit text messages to quick bursts of important information and your clients, and your wallet, will appreciate it. Our MMS (Multimedia Message) option provides the ability to add an image to your text message! You will simply select the image icon below your texting box, to upload an image to send with your text! For more detail surrounding the cost to use this feature, and instructional information, be sure to check out the support article above!
Receiving Texts from Outside Clients
If a client from outside your Loyalsnap platform texts your transactional texting line, their message will appear in your Inbox so you never miss an important lead!
You'll see their telephone number, along with any other known client details. You can reply to their text from the Inbox or from the Client Details Page.
📱 Things to Note:
1) Your texting Inbox will only show conversations that include a reply from the recipient. This view will not include outbound text messages that haven't been replied to unless you text a client directly from the Inbox.
2) You can only text clients who exist in Loyalsnap. There is not an option to add a telephone number manually.
3) While you cannot send a text to clients outside of Loyalsnap, you can receive texts from clients who do not exist in Loyalsnap! This means that you will never miss out on potential leads who may get your texting number and send a message to inquire about your studio.
4) Currently, when adding links to transactional text messages, using link shorteners is discouraged unless the link shortener is a branded domain.